This is a quick and easy recipe for a green bean and pancetta side dish with loads of flavour.
Green Beans and Pancetta Recipe
- 300g Green beans
- 150g Bacon/Pancetta
- 250g Cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Chicken stock cube
- ¼ tsp Dried chilli flakes
- Cut the beans into 1 cm pieces. Chuck them into a pot of boiling water, add the stock cube, and cook until the beans are tender but not mushy.
- In a separate pan, fry the diced bacon/pancetta until nice and crispy.
- Add the the cherry tomatoes (cut in half), chilli flakes, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar to the bacon/pancetta. Cook until the tomatoes start going soft.
- Drain the beans, retaining 60 ml of the cooking liquid. Add the beans and cooking liquid to the bacon/pancetta and tomatoes.
- Cook until the liquid is reduced.