This is a super easy and very VERY tasty recipe! If you are one of those people who always have a few tins of beans in your larder, this recipe will be right up your alley.
Sausage and Bean Casserole
- 30ml olive oil
- 12 Chippolata’s
- 250g bacon cut into blocks
- 1 onion cut into rings
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- 250ml white wine
- 250ml chicken stock
- 2 tins of butter beans (drained)
- *1 tin of flageolet beans (drained)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped parsley
- Heat olive oil in a pan.
- Brown sausages and put aside.
- Fry the bacon in the same pan and add the onion and garlic. Saute.
- Add the sausages, beans, white wine and chicken stock.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes or until sausages are completely cooked.
- Serve and garnish with chopped parsley.
This casserole is lovely with a thick slice of crusty bread or a mountain of mash :)
OR a rocket salad if you insist on being healthy…