Michael Wassenaar from Mike’s Creatieve Wereld is making Charlotte in Chunky Monkey. He will be sharing his progress on his Dutch Vlog weekly (links at the bottom of the post). I am so pleased that Michael agreed to test this pattern in Chunky Monkey because I LOVE the yarn and was sooo curious to see just how big she would be. The resulting blanket is already MUCH bigger than my Charlotte, and he’s only on Part 10!
Updated 17/10/2021: This one is an absolute yarn-eater. She will take a staggering 60 balls of Chunky Monkey, coming in at 275cm (108″) and 6kg!!! I can’t wait to see how she grows!
- 6 mm hook (US 10/J UK 4)
- Scheepjes Chunky Monkey (100% acrylic), 100g/116m/127yds
- Colour A – Lemon (1263) x 36 balls
- Colour B – Golden Yellow (1114) x 15 balls *Flowers*
- Colour C – Ochre (1709) x 9 balls
These are the unblocked gauges at the ends of the relevant rounds:
- At the end of Round 13: 27cm (10.6″)
- At the end of Round 18: 37cm (14.6″)
- At the end of Round 36: 73cm (28.7″)
275cm (108″) – 6000g
Colours Per Round
Follow the Colours for the original Vintage and Sunshine versions as stipulated in the brackets after each round header.
This blog post contains affiliate links. I only link to products I personally use or would use. All opinions are my own.