I have recently published my second book, ‘Big Hook Rag Crochet’, and to celebrate I will be doing a blog tour. The blog tour will run for 11 weeks and each weekly post will feature a giveaway for one free copy of the book (open to US residents only).
The tour will start on the 7th of December (2015) and end on the 14th of February (2016). Below you will find a list of the participating blogs and dates. I will update this list with the direct links as the posts go live.
|07/12/2015||KT and the Squid|
|15/12/2015||Jessie At Home|
|20/12/2015||The Stitchin Mommy|
|10/01/2016||Cute Crochet Chat|
|01/02/2016||Petals to Picots|
|07/02/2016||Kaleidoscope Arts & Gifts|
|14/02/2016||Busting Stitches (Giveaway Currently Running)|
Big Hook Rag Crochet
The book features 25 designs for stylish homeware and accessories, each made with fabric yarn. Instructions are supplied for making your own fabric yarn, which is perfect for turning unwanted garments into pretty things, but you can also use ready-made fabric yarn if you do not wish you create your own.
The book is written in such a way that both beginners and advanced crocheters will be able to follow the patterns. The technique section is thorough and I enjoyed every minute of creating it (both writing the instructions and attending the photo shoot for this part). The photographer, Simon Pask, is an amazing photographer and you can see more of his work HERE.
I also had a lot of fun making the pouffes for the book. So much fun, in fact, that I might need to do another post about those at a later date.
I like the apple the most. It took me ages to figure out how to do the increases to create a less rounded apple.
The orange was easier to figure out and I really like the simplicity of the maths behind creating a half-double crochet sphere.
One of my favourite projects in the book is this Balloon Rug. It is so happy!
I also love this Simple Shopper with it’s bold colours and leather handles.
Erin Black’s Cozy Cat Cave is another great project!
As I have already mentioned, this book is a collaborative effort. If you would like to find out more about the designers involved, you can find them all in the list below.
- Erin Black from Midknits.com (Erin sells crochet and knitting patterns)
- Karen Dankert (TinyBlueStar on Etsy)
- Rebekah Desloge (YourMomDesigns on Etsy)
- Osnat Ganor (OdPaAm on Etsy)
- Helen Glaze (RaggedyAnns on Etsy)
- Cathy Hetznecker from Cathyhetznecker.com (Cathy sells items created from fabric yarn)
- Nguyen Le from Knitknitknits.com (This site is full of craft tutorials and pretty photos!)
- Patti Lopez (IzzyLane on Etsy)
- Elizabeth Pardue from CrochetinColor
- Morgan Roberts from KingSoleil
- Akiko Seki-Gilmore (MothersHandworks on Etsy)
- Michelle Stys (Find her HERE on Ravelry)
- Dorothy Wood from DorothyWood
- Micah York from MicahMakes
- Lion Brand Fettuccini – this yarn is sent out in random colourways because it uses repurposed materials. You do not get to choose the colour/pattern of the yarn.
- Premier Craft-Tee
And that is everything I want to say about Big Hook Rag Crochet! Please pop back to find the links for the giveaways. And if you have bought the book, I would really appreciate it if you would leave a review on Amazon. If you do leave a review, let me know so that I can thank you.
This blog post contains affiliate links. I only link to products I personally use or would use. All opinions are my own.