Over the Christmas period I shared some favourite posts from 2014 with my Newsletter readers. I had so much fun revisiting the posts that I thought I would share them here as well. Before we get to the “Greatest Hits 2014” though, I wanted to tell you why 2014 was such an amazing and rewarding year for me as a crochet designer.
Although this is going to sound a bit like a bragging fest, it is not intended to be (well, maybe a little bit). I am extremely proud of my achievements, that is true, but I am also extremely grateful to each and every one of my testers, proof-readers, encouragers, commenters, and blog buddies for helping me make 2014 epic!
Thank you for sharing my tutorials. Thank you for pointing out errors and suggesting better ways of doing stuff. Thank you for nominating me for things, and buying my book, and reading my posts, and testing my patterns. Thank you for taking time out of your day to comment on posts and newsletters. If you hadn’t done all those things, I wouldn’t have been able to do all these things:
- Publish my first book, Amamani Puzzle Balls.
- Participate in (and do the tutorials for) the Block a Week CAL 2014, hosted by the Official CCC Social Group on Facebook.
- Design Sophie’s Garden, which started life as a modification of a flower designed by Chris Simon and has quickly become my most popular pattern. In fact, she was featured in AllFreeCrochetAfghanPatterns’ Top 100 Crochet Afghan Patterns of 2014.
- Be chosen as the September Designer Showcase on Moogly.
- Be nominated for the Flamies, including Best Crochet Blog and Best Crochet Pattern Book.
- Be awarded “Best Crochet Tutorials” by Crochet Concupiscence (2014 Awesome Crochet Blog Awards). If you have a few minutes spare, I strongly suggest going through her list of winners and having a look at their blogs. I have been introduced to 6 (!!) blogs I hadn’t heard of before and it was refreshing and exciting to see some “new” things.
And now that I have done my bragging and my thanking, I will leave you alone with the highlights from 2014. Enjoy!
Greatest Hits 2014
Treble Cross Stitch (K-Stitch) – Photo Tutorial
How to Crochet: Bobble Stitch – Photo Tutorial
- Crochet Mandala Rug
- Bonus Block 1: Harlequin Shells (Carolyn Christmas) – Photo Tutorial
- Zoe the Zebra – Crochet Pattern
- Invisible Join – Tutorial
- How to Crochet Cable Stitch – Photo Tutorial
- How to Crochet: Increase with Front Post Stitches – Photo Tutorial
- Organize Your Yarn Stash
- Colin the Crocodile – Crochet Pattern
- Prince Protea Square – Crochet Pattern/Photo Tutorial
Stuffing Bombs – Tutorial
Betty’s Beautiful Border – Crochet Pattern/Photo Tutorial
Shorn (or Sharon) the Sheep – Crochet Pattern/Photo Tutorial
Thank you for joining me in this trip down memory lane.